Shankar Mahadevan: I remain a classical musician



Mainstream vocalist Shankar Mahadevan said however he is overwhelmed with solicitations to perform hit Bollywood numbers in front of an audience, the craftsman stays a traditionally established artist. 

"I can't evade murmuring the 'Mitwa... Kahe Dhadkan Tujhse Kya' number any place I perform, essentially I am a traditionally established performer," Mahadevan said at a Literary Meet in Kolkata. 

His underlying foundations in music lay in Karnataka old style gharana, Mahadevan said before a presentation.

Image result for shankar mahadevan 

"Regardless of being an old style performer, I continue jabbing my nose in different kinds of music. What's more, this isn't terrible. I have finished 21 years of making music in Indian movies," the vocalist, some portion of the popular Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy group, said. 

Mahadevan began his exhibition with Ganesha Vandana and afterward amused the crowd with 'Raag Hansadhwani'. 

In the session, called 'Baithak to Bollywood', he harped on his voyage in the realm of music for two decades and his relationship with A R Rahman. 

"I have made this Raag Hansadhwani particularly for the Kolkata crowd where I have kept to the nuts and bolts of 'saat sur' however ad libbed with words," the 'Taare Zameen Par' vocalist said.

Comments